. . . according to His will . . .

 


1 John 5:14-15
And this is the boldness we have in him, that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us in whatever we ask, we know that we have obtained the requests made of him.

John 17:20-23
“I ask not only on behalf of these but also on behalf of those who believe in me through their word, that they may all be one. As you, Father, are in me and I am in you, may they also be in us, so that the world may believe that you have sent me. The glory that you have given me I have given them, so that they may be one, as we are one, I in them and you in me, that they may become completely one, so that the world may know that you have sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me. 

~  ~  ~

If anyone should know the will of God, it is Jesus who should know the will of God.
When Jesus prays, it is actually . . . sort of . . . God praying to God.
If ever anyone's prayers should be guaranteed to be granted, it is the prayers of Jesus.

When applying the prayer guarantee given in 1 John 5:14-15 to the prayer of Jesus in John 17:20-23, why has this prayer NEVER been granted?  Jesus's prayer for unity: . . . that they may all be one . . . so that they may be one, as we are one . . . that they may become completely one . . . has never been granted to Jesus (who was God) by God?  

All one has to do is study the Christian church throughout history, and observe the Christian church today, in any town in any state across the USA.  There is no unity.  
Just listen to any Christian as they try to justify why they attend the Baptist church rather than the Pentecostal church, the Seventh Day Adventist church rather than the Methodist church, the Lutheran church rather than the Catholic church.

2,000 years
They never were "one", they are not "one" now, they never will be "one".

If God isn't going to (can't) grant His own prayers to Himself, what chance do his followers have in their prayers being granted?

bob
r.u.reasonable@gmail.com

Comments

  1. Hi Bob, I changed my mind about my previous response to you. See the "5/16/23 edit" at the end of this comment.
    https://www.theformofthefourth.com/2022/01/07/1569/#comment-6999

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment