The Unfortunate first born


Firstborn Son

Exodus 22:29-30 You shall not delay to make offerings from the fullness of your harvest and from the outflow of your presses. The firstborn of your sons you shall give to me. You shall do the same with your oxen and with your sheep: seven days it shall remain with its mother; on the eighth day you shall give it to me.

What the hell?  Why did bible-god demand the Hebrew first born? I am a "first born son". Should I be glad that my parents were not ancient Hebrews?  I am very glad.
Should I be glad that my parents were not modern day Christian fanatics?  I am ecstatic.

Why did bible-god kill - specifically -  the "first born" of the Egyptians?


What is it with the "first born" that this god was so obsessed with?  
Why did he want them dead: first born cows, sheep, Hebrews and Egyptians?
What a scary movie, this god character is.

bob
r.u.reasonable@gmail.com

Comments