I Was Never Saved

 



In my previous post I referenced my question to Don, my evangelist friend:
 ". . . since I no longer believe in God, was I ever actually "saved"? I know the answer to that question, I just want to see what yours is."

In my many email dialogues with believers I have had numerous unsolicited responses to this question:
1 - You were never "truly" saved and are destined for hell.
2 - You were saved but are now "lost" and are destined for hell.
3 - You are still saved but you just don't know it.

Yes, based on their examination of my testimony, these are all actual diagnosis that I have received from Christians.

One would think that, on a matter as important as this (isn't "salvation" really the most important matter in all of Christianity?) that the bible would be crystal clear and all Christians would be in agreement - but for the person who has read the bible, and for the person who has been "informed" by Christians concerning the salvation of their soul, confusion, contradictions, and disagreements abound.

As I stated in my previous post, Don never answered, but I did offer my answer to the question - "NO - I was never "saved". I was a Christian, but I was never "saved"."

But wait - how can one be a Christian but not be saved?  Isn't "being saved" what makes a person a Christian?  Don't the two go hand in hand?  A person becomes a Christian at the moment that they become saved, and they remain a Christian as long as they are saved, and they remain saved as long as they are a Christian.

I doubt that I would be able to find a Christian that would understand my conclusion, let alone agree with it.

Here is my view:
1 - Every person who believes that they are a Christian, are indeed a Christian.

2 - I became a Christian at the moment that I became a believer in Jesus.

3 - I remained a Christian for as long as I was a believer in Jesus.

4 - In actuality, there is no "salvation" because there is no "sin" to be saved from, and no heaven or hell for believers or non believers to be assigned to, and no God involved in any of this.

5 - Since there is no "salvation", no "sin", and no God, Christians are not "saved".  Christians simply believe that they are "saved". 
 
6 - I was a Christian but I was never "saved" - I just believed that I was "saved", just like most every Christian past and present merely believes that they are "saved". 
 
7 - When I abandoned my Christian beliefs, what changed was my status as a Christian - I changed from Christian to atheist.  My status as "saved" didn't change, because I, like every Christian, was never actually "saved" to begin with - we all just had held to the belief that we were "saved".

It's that simple.

There is no "salvation from sins" - just people who believe there is "salvation from sins", and those people are generally called Christians.  People don't "lose their salvation" - because - there is no "salvation" to lose.  But people do lose their identity as a Christian once they no longer believe in it, once THEY no longer identify themselves as Christians.

It's that simple.


bob
r.u.reasonable@gmail.com

Comments